Houston Councilman Dave Martin would like to remind residents who were impacted by Hurricane Harvey to apply for assistance through recovery programs and resources under the City of Houston Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP).
The Recovery Survey is the first step and tool to direct residents to the appropriate recovery program and to help the city prioritize those with urgent needs. No documentation is required to take the Recovery Survey, and it takes less than 15 minutes to complete. While priority will be given to low and moderate income homeowners, assistance is available to homeowners of all income levels. An intake specialist will contact you after you complete the survey regarding the next steps.
The survey can be taken:
If you need assistance filling out the Survey, please call 832-393-0550 or visit one of the stationary HRC’s:
- Northeast: 9551 N. Wayside, Houston, Texas 77028
- Northwest: 13101 Northwest Freeway [Hwy. 290], Suite 101, Houston, Texas 77040
- Southwest: 6464 Savoy Drive, Suite 110, Houston, Texas 77036
- Southeast: 11550 Fuqua St., 3rd floor, Houston, Texas 77036 (in District E)
The stationary centers are open Monday and Tuesday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 9 to 3 p.m. These centers are closed on Sundays. For a map, click here.
The city received the $1.17 billion for housing recovery through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the State of Texas General Land Office. The recovery funds include the HoAP, which offers five program options including:
- Reimbursement for completed repairs
- Homeowner-managed rehabilitation
- City-managed rehabilitation and reconstruction
- Interim mortgage assistance.
For more information regarding this program, please contact the Houston Recovery Center by calling 832-393-0550.