The Clear Creek Education Foundation and the Clear Creek School District partnered with the Kemah Boardwalk to provide a unique hands-on learning opportunity for CCISD Culinary Arts students aboard the Gulf Coast’s largest charter yacht, the Boardwalk FantaSea.
The sold out “Cruising the Sea with CCISD” culinary journey with over 100 guests in attendance raised more than $8,000 to support academic enrichment programs in CCISD.
This was truly an event that showcased the many great programs offered in CCISD:
- Clear Creek ISD culinary students prepped, cooked and served an exquisite meal with executive chefs.
- Clear Falls High Troubadours and Clear Brook High’s head choir director, Jon Marcum, put on quite a vocal and musical performance for all the guests;
- Clear Springs Audio Visual Production student, Nicolas Mason, recorded great video footage of the night;
- Centerpieces were created by Clear Springs High floral design students;
- Event logo was designed by Clear Springs High junior, Lisa Kitchen.
“We are always looking for new and diverse opportunities for our students,” said Dana Morgan, CCISD director of Career and Technical Education. “Preparing and serving a gourmet dinner on a yacht for a dinner cruise was a unique experience that the students will always remember. We are so grateful tothe Kemah Boardwalk for their mentorship and partnership in this endeavor.”
Funds raised from this event will be split with 50% going to the CCISD Culinary Arts Program and 50% to CCEF to help Inspire educational excellence through the following programs:
CCEF is proud to offer the following Educational Grant Opportunities for CCISD teachers and students in order to help them take education to the next level:
- Teacher Innovative Grants: Teachers apply for Teacher Innovative Grants to implement innovative, hands-on instructional ideas that enrich the classroom learning experience in academic areas such as math, science, language arts and technology.
- Student – Teacher Innovative Grants: This program supports “Student Teacher Innovative Projects”. An individual student or a team of students may apply under the guidance and sponsorship of a teacher.
- Mini – Grants: A Mini-Grant is intended to enhance classroom learning by providing needed resources that are not available.
- Special Innovative Grants: A Special Innovative Grant is a large grant amount of up to $50,000 designed to encourage and support innovative teaching and learning on a large scale.
- Science Fair Innovative Grants: Secondary students may apply for a Science Fair Innovative Grant to enhance their science fair project. Students must apply under the guidance and sponsorship of a teacher.
TEACHER CERTIFICATION: CCEF encourages teachers to achieve the highest and most rigorous standards set by the U.S. Department of Education by offering its financial support.
CLEAR HORIZONS: CCEF supplements tuition for students at the early college high school who simultaneously earn a college associates degree and a high school diploma.
Established in 1992, the Clear Creek Education Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization located in League City, Texas. Comprised of volunteers with a passion for excellence, the Foundation raises funds to enrich academic achievement within CCISD. While the Foundation operates independently of the school district, it is aligned and collaborates closely with CCISD to promote excellence in education.