The 12th annual Clear Creek Education Foundation’s fashion show, “I Love CCISD….District and Community Strong,” will be held on Sunday, April 22 at 4:30 p.m. at Mercedes Benz of Clear Lake, in League City. Proceeds will benefit programs that enhance student learning in the Clear Creek School District.
CCISD high school juniors in good academic standing and who demonstrate all that is positive about CCISD have been selected to serve as student models showcasing newly inspired fashions from the sponsor, Dillard’s – Baybrook Mall. The fashion show will feature runway seating, hors d’oeuvre stations from local restaurants, and a variety of vignettes straight from the talented halls of CCISD and will again be produced by Lenny Matuszewski Jr., nationally known fashion event producer.
“Save the date! You won’t want to miss this wonderful show!” Co-Chairmen Gina Conklin and Elizabeth Wang said, inviting the public to attend, with CCEF Executive Kaci Hanson adding, “CCEF loves CCISD! Through the fashion show, we’re able to do amazing things that positively affect the lives of CCISD students every day. We are truly grateful for the many volunteers and countless businesses and individuals who financially support this one of a kind event,” said. “We invite our parents and community friends to come out and join us for this exciting afternoon Inspiring Educational Excellence in CCISD.”
A 22-person volunteer committee is assisting CCEF Community Marketing Manager Kelsey Richardson and the co-chairmen with arrangements — Joyce Abbey, Katy Bastedo, Summer Brauer, Suzanne Fair, Kimberly Fleming, Ann Hammond, Midge Herrod, Rebecca Lilley, Dinah Matthews, Laura Mackay, Amanda Mark, Sarah Dole Moutz, Claudia Pardivala, Sonia Ponchak, Jill Reason, Deena Rigby, Brad Rossacci, Skyler Rossacci and Mary Ann Shallberg.
Event tickets are $75, and sponsorship and silent auction donation opportunities are still available. To purchase tickets, become a sponsor or donate an auction item, go to Clear Creek Education Foundation. For additional information, contact Kelsey Richardson, at 281-284-0174.
In anticipation of this event, all kindergarteners in CCISD participated in a “CCISD Strong” t-shirt art contest. Congratulations to Levi Maldonado, kindergartner in Mrs. Aalund’s art class at League City Elementary for designing the winning art. The winner’s artwork will be featured on t-shirts to be sold throughout the district and at other participating locations. Additionally, the evening will host an array of student entertainment, career and technology program demonstrations, and much more!
All funds raised from the event will support the following programs in CCISD:
EDUCATIONAL GRANT OPPORTUNITIES: CCEF, Hanson said, “is proud to offer the following Educational Grant Opportunities for CCISD teachers and students in order to help them take education to the next level:”
- Teacher Innovative Grants: Teachers apply for Teacher Innovative Grants to implement innovative, hands-on instructional ideas that enrich the classroom learning experience in academic areas such as math, science, language arts and technology.
- Student – Teacher Innovative Grants: This program supports “Student Teacher Innovative Projects”. An individual student or a team of students may apply under the guidance and sponsorship of a teacher.
- Mini – Grants: A Mini-Grant is intended to enhance classroom learning by providing needed resources that are not available.
- Special Innovative Grants: A Special Innovative Grant (SIG) is a large grant amount of up to $50,000 designed to encourage and support innovative teaching and learning on a large scale.
- Science Fair Innovative Grants: Secondary students may apply for a Science Fair Innovative Grant to enhance their science fair project. Students must apply under the guidance and sponsorship of a teacher.
NATIONAL BOARD TEACHER CERTIFICATION: CCEF encourages teachers to achieve the highest and most rigorous standards set by the U.S. Department of Education by offering its financial support.
CLEAR HORIZONS EARLY COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL: CCEF supplements tuition for students who simultaneously earn a college associates degree and a high school diploma.