Assisteens, an all-teen auxiliary of Assistance League of the Bay Area, is currently accepting applications for membership for the 2020-2021 school year. Assisteens is a service organization for local high school students from Clear Creek, Dickinson, Friendswood, and La Porte ISDs. Also included are students from Lutheran South. Homeschooled students are welcome. You must be entering 9th, 10th, or 11th grade for the upcoming year to apply. Individuals who are seniors for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year are not eligible to join as a new member.
Assisteens independently manage five philanthropic programs:
- Birthday in a Box, large party bags filled with all the makings for a birthday celebration for at-risk students at McWhirter and League City Elementary schools in Clear Creek ISD;
- Cause for Paws, assembling kits with new pet owner materials to promote pet adoptions through League City Pets Alive;
- Notes for Folks, visiting with memory care residents, and distributing monthly greeting cards at Heartis Clear Lake Senior Living in Webster;
- Project FAMILY, working with children at Bay Area Turning Point; and
- Project Snuggle, tying blankets for the youngest residents at Bay Area Turning Point.
Assisteens of the Bay Area is excited to announce that now through May 31, 2020, the open enrollment period for membership for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is available online. If you are a teen interested in our program, visit the website: https://www.assistanceleague.org/bay-area/assisteens to start the application process. If applying for membership for the first time, make sure to select the correct link – ‘Click Here for New Member Paperwork.’
Please note the website utilizes PayPal. Payment can be made through a personal PayPal account or a debit/credit card on the PayPal site and then wait for an acknowledgment from firstname.lastname@example.org that the payment has been successfully processed. There will be a mandatory new member orientation (date to be determined) which is required to finalize membership.
To learn more about Assisteens, visit their website: www.assistanceleague.org/bay-area/assisteens